Blog Archive

Sunday, December 30, 2012

A heart so full

I love Sundays.  Not just because I don't have to work, and not just because I get to sleep in.

I love Sundays because I learn something new every single week about the Lord.  On Sundays, the Lord's hand in my life is the clearest.  I feel the spirit in church, and every week I am reminded of how blessed I am.

Blessed to have such a close ward.
Blessed to have such strong and capable YSA friends.
Blessed to feel the joy of the gospel.
Blessed to have the atonement and the opportunity of sacrament.
Blessed to have such wonderful leaders and Sunday school teachers.
Blessed to have a bishop who cares.

Blessed. Blessed. Blessed. The list could go on for miles and miles...

In particular, I am so thankful for the blessing of being in a ward that appreciates missionary service, that supports all of us that are leaving to serve the Lord as full time missionaries.  My ward is the smallest in our stake, yet we have the most missionaries leaving in our small ward than in any of the other ones in the rest of the stake. 

What a gift to be surrounded by other youth that are going through some of the same experiences in preparation for a mission.  12 missionaries. I am going to New York, New York, my brother to Yekaterinburg, Russia, and others are going to Florida, Guatemala City, Nevada, Washington, Thailand, and a senior couple to Brazil.  And there are more calls to come.

I don't understand why I am going to New York, New York South mission.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it seems to be the melting pot of my ancestry (Jewish, Polish, Italian, Latino etc) or maybe the Lord understood my desire to live in a major American city at some point in my life.  Or maybe, just maybe someone needs to hear my testimony in NY. I'm not exactly sure, but I trust that the Lord has a specific purpose for  me there. And honestly, I can't wait to find out what that special purpose is!




No comments:

Post a Comment