Blog Archive

Monday, November 19, 2012

OBSESSED.

I have become obsessed with New York, New York. Specifically, the south side.  How obsessed you ask?  Well obsessed enough to find out these fun facts: 

People. The New York South Mission serves over 8.5 million people.


Boroughs.
The Mission covers all of Long Island, which includes two of the five boroughs of New York--Queens and Brooklyn, and the borough of Staten Island.
 
Oh, and Bermuda of course ;)


Missionaries.  It has 175 missionaries and 8 senior couples. This number fluctuates every six weeks when new missionaries arrive from the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, Utah and others depart for home.


Six Languages Missions. There are six language missions in the New York South Mission--Spanish (the largest language) (PS. have I mentioned how excited I am to be teaching in the language of my ancestors?  Have I mentioned how emotional it makes me to know that I will be practicing and perfecting my Spanish? Do you realize how awesome this is???), English, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), Korean and American Sign Language.


Oldest. The New York South Mission is the second oldest mission in the church. Only the British mission is older. In the 1800s, Parley P. Pratt actually served as one of the first presidents.

I have also discovered a mission blog which you can find here if you feel like stalking my mission as well: newyorksouthmission.blogspot.com


OH! And my mission has an OFFICIAL song. This is it: 
 



I vow to learn it by memory by the time I get out there.  You can hear the song here:  http://www.mission.net/new-york/new-york/south/page.php?pg_id=271



I'm done now :)

<3 Elyyyyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment