Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

35 days...

I have 35 days before I leave to the MTC. 

I feel overwhelmed and emotionally exhausted by all the tears I have already shed when I think about leaving my parents.
my sisters.
my brother (I wont see him for TWO YEARS AND 2 MONTHS.)
my nephews.
my niece.
my puppies.
my best friends.


I know I was called to serve a mission...but I also know it's not supposed to be easy to leave everything I have ever known behind.  It's a leap of faith, and I have always been a pretty terrible leaper.

But I have to leap.  I have to remember and have faith that I can live without my family.

Don't get me wrong.  I am going to be LIVING in NEW YORK CITY. That's exciting stuff right there. It honestly doesn't get much better than that! But I don't want to think about the good-byes...


Also, it doesn't help that my Mission To Do List keeps getting longer and longer!  I have so many things I have to do, so many articles of clothing I have to lengthen/tailor etc. I also have a ton of things to buy still. 
Like a warm winter coat.
Memory cards.
Slip extenders.
ear plugs.
a new pair of glasses.
THERMALS.

...and the list goes on and on and on...GAH.

Also, my mission president doesn't allow any form of mp3 players, so I have to massively burn a whole bunch of CDs before I leave....

I'm tellin' ya, it feels like I have project after project that I have to do before I leave.

I also realize I am freaking out over the little things.

I just have to remember to repeat over and over my mantra: 
Come on ELIZABETH. Snap out of the funk! You chose this, you WILL be excited, you WILL be grateful. Jeez, stop being such a wuss already.

Yes, I motivate myself like a true bully.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment